Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
Internet security – keeping you safe from all threats
Your PC… the documents , personal information , music and photos you store on it, plus the places your computer can take you on the Internet … are precious. While no one wants to spend endless hours configuring and constantly maintaining a PC security solution, you need to know that you’re safe from the increasingly complex threats that the Internet can throw your way. So it’s vital that you have a security solution that rigorously protects your files and your identity from cyber criminals and the latest malware attacks.
- Proactive Detection – protects you against new, unknown malware
- Hybrid Protection – combines the power of the cloud and your PC
- Anti-Phishing – helps to protect you from digital fraud
- Intelligent Scanning and Updates – helps to minimise impact on your PC performance
- Virtual Keyboard – protects by using mouse-clicks to enter personal data
- Improved Anti-Spam Module – provides even better protection against dangerous or unwanted emails
- Award-Winning Parental Control – helps to keep your children safe and responsible, online
- Safe Money – adds more layers of protection for online shopping and banking
- Secure Keyboard – automatically initiates defences against keyloggers
- Automatic Exploit Prevention – Prevents malware from exploiting vulnerabilities in your PC
- Two-Way Firewall – blocks hacker attacks
Detects new, emerging and unknown threats
The cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network gathers data from millions of participating users’ systems around the world… to help defend you from the very latest viruses and malware attacks. Potential threats are monitored and analysed – in real-time – and dangerous actions are completely blocked before they can cause any harm.
Protects against all viruses and Internet threats
By combining cloud-based functionality and powerful security technologies that run on your PC, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 delivers more effective defences against today’s increasingly complex threats – so you’re able to enjoy the Internet, while Kaspersky protects you, your PC and your children.
In addition to including all of the features offered by Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 delivers many innovative, new technologies that are essential to defending you against sophisticated threats on the Internet. With Safe Money, Secure Keyboard and other unique features, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 does more to help ensure you can get the best out of the Internet… without compromising your safety.
Delivers greater security for online shopping and banking
Kaspersky Internet Security has always included additional layers of security that help to keep your information safe during online transactions. Now, with the introduction of our unique Safe Money technology, you benefit from even greater protection. Safe Money automatically checks that the website you’re visiting is secure – and it also offers to open the website in a special, protected mode… to help keep your credit card number and other personal data safe from cyber thieves.
Identifies suspicious websites and phishing websites
Advanced anti-phishing technologies proactively detect fraudulent URLs and use real-time information from the cloud, to help ensure you’re not tricked into disclosing your valuable data to phishing websites. Our URL Advisor also adds colour-coded tags to all web links – to advise you of the danger level of the link and subsequent pages.
Keeps your children safe and responsible
Award-winning family protection features help you to keep your children safe and also give you greater control over your children’s access to the PC, the Internet, applications, games and websites. You can block, limit or log your children’s Instant Messaging and social network communications – and block the transfer of private data, such as phone or credit card numbers.
Protects your privacy and your digital identity
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 provides a wide range of technologies to protect your privacy and your identity – including two unique security features for entering personal information online:
- Secure Keyboard is a new Kaspersky technology that automatically activates whenever you open a bank website or payment website – or you enter a password within any web page – to ensure that information you enter using your physical keyboard can’t be accessed by keyloggers
- For our ultimate protection, Kaspersky’s impoved Virtual Keyboard feature allows you to use mouse-clicks to enter your banking information – so that keystrokes can’t be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers or identity thieves
Automatic download and installation features – save you time and effort
Installation now requires far fewer manual steps. When you first download the product from our website, it automatically checks for the latest product version – disinfects existing malware, if necessary – and then starts the installation.
Prevents malware from exploiting vulnerabilities in your PC
If your PC has application or system vulnerabilities that haven’t been updated with the latest fixes, cyber criminals and malware could gain entry. In addition to scanning for vulnerabilities, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 analyses and controls the actions of programs that have vulnerabilities – so they can’t cause any harm.
Compatible with Windows 8
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is fully compatible with Microsoft’s latest operating system – Windows 8 – and is integrated with Microsoft’s latest IT security innovations. In addition, Kaspersky Now – a new application that has been developed to support Microsoft’s new user interface – lets you monitor your PC’s security status and launch vital security features.
Safe Money adds even stronger security for online banking and shopping
Kaspersky Internet Security has always provided protection for online transactions… and, in the latest version, whenever you attempt to log on to an online bank, a payment system website or an e-commerce site, our unique, new Safe Money feature will:
- Compare the website’s URL with a database of secure sites
- Automatically suggest opening the site in the Safe Money mode – for added security against the theft of personal and financial data
- Check your system for online banking vulnerabilities related to your PC’s operating system
- Check the certificate used to set up the secure connection – to avoid any behind-the-scenes transition from your intended site to a ‘fake’ site
so Kaspersky’s advanced technologies are always protecting you when you’re online – shopping, banking and more.
Secure Keyboard protects the personal data you enter via your keyboard
Because keyloggers can record the keystrokes you use to enter your credit card number or other valuable information via your keyboard, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 includes our new Secure Keyboard technology. When you open a bank or payment website – or enter a password within any web page – Secure Keyboard automatically opens… to keep your data safe from keyloggers.
Even if an unknown piece of malware manages to get onto your PC, Kaspersky’s unique System Watcher will detect dangerous behaviour and allow you to undo or rollback most malicious actions.
A new Parental Control engine includes new and improved protection for children that use your PC. Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 allows more effective control over children’s use of both the PC and the Internet – and provides more reliable filtering of websites that contain inappropriate content.
Optimised antivirus databases
With antivirus information provided from the cloud, we’ve significantly reduced the size of the antivirus databases stored on your PC – which helps to improve performance and reduce the time taken for installation and updates.
New anti-spam module
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 includes a new, improved anti-spam module that provides more reliable filtering of unwanted messages and also includes enhanced reporting about detected spam.
Better anti-phishing protection
A new anti-phishing engine improves your defences against Internet fraudsters’ attempts to gain access to your personal information.
Automatic Exploit Prevention
Even if your PC and the applications running on it haven’t been updated with the latest fixes, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 can prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities by:
- controlling the launch of executable files from applications with vulnerabilities
- analysing the behaviour of executable files for any similarities with malicious programs
- restricting the actions allowed by applications with vulnerabilities
Minimal impact on PC performance for a range of usage scenarios
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is optimised so that it does not have a significant impact on network activity, the installation of programs, the launch of web browsers or the launch of programs. In addition, a special Gamer Mode ensures an uninterrupted game experience – while still keeping you secure.
The main interface window is optimised to help boost performance and ease of use for many popular user scenarios – including launching scans and fixing problems.
Reduced Battery Drain
When it’s installed on a laptop that is running on battery power, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 automatically reduces its usage of resources – to help increase the time the laptop can run before needing to be recharged.
Quick launch of Virtual Keyboard
Virtual Keyboard allows you to use mouse-clicks to enter your banking information online – so your personal information can’t be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers or identity thieves. Now, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 allows fast access to the Virtual Keyboard from web-browsers.
Compatible with Windows 8… and delivers additional security
In addition to being fully compatible with Windows 8, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 includes features that provide even greater protection:
- Kaspersky Now is a new application that has been developed to integrate with Microsoft’s new user interface – to display your PC’s protection status and enable the rapid launch of vital security features
- For other applications that are compatible with Microsoft’s new user interface, Kaspersky technologies scan the applications for viruses – and infected applications are removed and then replaced with clean applications
- Integration with Early-Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) technology – to provide protection even before your PC boots up
- Integration with Windows Security Centre’s newly enhanced functionality
To buy a suitable Kaspersky antivirus, please send your sales enquiry to us.