FortiOS 5.0, the world’s most powerful security operating system, is the foundation for all Fortinet FortiGate integrated security platforms. It provides more security, intelligence and control to help enterprises be better protected against today’s advanced threats and enable more secure BYOD environments.
- MORE SECURITY
- MORE CONTROL
- MORE INTELLIGENCE
1) More Security Fighting Advanced Threats
- Client Reputation with Cumulative Rankings
- OS Sandbox
- Advacned Botnet Protection
More Security to fight advanced threats. A client reputation feature gives enterprises a cumulative security ranking of each device based on a range of behaviors and
provides specific, actionable information that enables organizations to identity compromised systems and potential zero-day attacks in real time. The new advanced anti-malware detection system adds an on-device behavior-based heuristic engine and cloud-based AV services that includes an operating system sandbox and botnet IP reputation database. Together with superior industry-validated AV signatures, FortiOS 5.0 delivers unbeatable multi-layered protection against today’s sophisticated malware.
2) More Control Securing Mobile Devices
- Device Identification & Visibility
- New Identity Based Policies
- Endpoint Control
More Control to secure mobile devices and BYOD environments by identifying devices and applying specific access policies as well as ecurity profiles, according to the device
type or device group, location and usage.
3) More Intelligence Build Smart Policies
- Provide Guest Access with Confidence
- Enhanced Visibility & reporting and Overall User Experience
- Extended Single Sign-on Capabilities
More Intelligence with automatic adjustment of role-based policies for users and guests based on location, data and application profile. Enhanced reporting and analysis also provides administrators with more intelligence on the behavior of their network, users, devices, applications and threats.